[alberg30] alberg 25 ???

Scott Wallace tristan at one.net
Tue Aug 17 23:53:04 PDT 1999

From:	Scott Wallace <tristan at one.net>

Hi Paul,

YEs, Triad has blueprints on most of our boats and can make up a custom trailer
for the Alberg 30!!!  They have a website at www.sailnet.com/triad/
You can also reach them via: TRIAD Trailers Ltd., 90 Danbury Rd., New Milford, CT
06776 or call the owner.president, Michael Orro...He will quote you a price and
delivery...Tell em wild Scott send you!  The Pearson Electra guy...Their trailers
are the best designed and made sailboat trailers I have ever seen!  They make the
BMW of boat trailers and their prices are reasonable...

Good Luck,

Scott

RABBIT649 at aol.com wrote:

> From: RABBIT649 at aol.com
>
> Thanks Scott. Sounds like a nice boat. I've never seen an Electra, although
> I've seen plenty of Ensigns.
> If you ever want to sell it, let me know, although my inclination in an under
> 30' boat is towards an open cockpit. When daysailing, I really don't spend
> that much time below in the 30 and certainly wouldn't if I didn't have full
> headroom.
> Do you know if Triad makes a trailer for the 30 and how much they get? How do
> I get in touch with them?
> Regards,
> Paul
>
> In a message dated 8/17/99 11:30:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tristan at one.net
> writes:
>
> > From: Scott Wallace <tristan at one.net>
> >
> >  Paul,
> >
> >  We have a 1963 Pearson Electra, the original cruising configuration of what
> >  later became the Pearson Ensign with a larger cockpit and small cuddy
> cabin.
> >  We
> >  bought a new TRIAD trailer for our little Electra...it has a handsome
> > looking
> >  double step cabin house, low headroom below decks but really twin berths
> > about
> >  6' 5" in the main cabin and a small V-berth forward with a marine head
> below.
> >
> >  It also has a built in cooler with a removable top - it is located behind
> > the
> >  nice mahogany ladder that leads up to the bridge deck...The Electra also
> has
> >  mast head rig with deck stepped mast...We really love our Spindrift - we
> > sailed
> >  her in 6' seas and 20 knot winds on Lake Erie many times last summer and
> > often
> >  were only acompanied by a Swede 55 and a Pearson 35!  She has the same
> hull
> > as
> >  the Ensign and sails like a dream!!!!
> >
> >  Scott Wallace
> >
> >  RABBIT649 at aol.com wrote:
> >
> >  > From: RABBIT649 at aol.com
> >  >
> >  > Yes Lee, I remember now you discussing the A22 with someone who'd seen
> one
> >  > for sale. Your discussion comprises all I know to date of the A22, having
> >  > never laid eyes on one myself.
> >  > In re your comment that there are several Commanders in your area. I had
> >  > chance to buy one of those for $2000 and the same situation:bad timing.
> > Now I
> >  > own the 30, and I love it but don't get the use out of it due to time and
> >  > health and thought I might be happier with a big daysailer like the
> > Commander
> >  > or even an Ensign, especially if there was a trailer involved. I'd
> > appreciate
> >  > it if you'd send me info on any you see for sale. No rush. Just toying
> > with
> [...]

ONElist:  home to the world's liveliest email communities.