[alberg30] Rudder and Backing up

John Bailey jebailey at freeway.net
Wed Aug 18 18:22:10 PDT 1999

From: "John Bailey" <jebailey at freeway.net>

Russ,

My rudder post and cap has two small holes in the front.  They appear to be
above some sort of key that presses into the rudder post.  I've put two
small set screws to hold this in place.  There is another hole approximately
3/8 inch going entirely throught the rudder post and cap.  The port side of
the hole is open and the starboard side had some kind of old chaulking
material.  I have removed the caulking material and am going to put a bolt
through the hole.  I'm not sure this is going to solve the entire "play"
problem, however I think it will make the tiller safe.  Thanks for your
tips.

John Bailey
"Zevulun"  #33