[alberg30] Rudder and Backing up

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Wed Aug 18 12:53:56 PDT 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

John, forgot to answer the second question.  Something should be there to
lock the tiller in place.  Mine only had one set screw.  A short bolt
actually, but it was semi striped. So I eventually lined up the tiller and
rudder, best done when out of the water, and driled a 1/4 inch hole the stem
head fitting and the rudder post.  A stainless bolt and cap screw solved the
problem, no play at all.  I'm sure others have done it differently, but this
fix is simple.  Russ Pfeiffer

How do you enter ONElist’s WEEKLY DRAWING for $100?
By joining the FRIENDS & FAMILY program.  For details, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html