[alberg30] Gray Mar Coil - Spark plug problems

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at mail.min.net
Wed Aug 18 20:56:34 PDT 1999

From: "George Dinwiddie" <gdinwiddie at mail.min.net>

On the Atomic 4 list (at SailNet.com), there was some recent
discussion of carb adjustments.  I think 2-1/2 turns is too much.
I'll try to find the message on this.

 - George

> From: Rap1208 at aol.com
>
> Shawn, on the carb there is (on mine) a small adjustable jet, with a little
> cross bar on it, that turns in and out.  The routine is to close it untill it
> seats, (gently) then back out 2 1/2 turns for a starting point.  I had to
> repack mine a couple of years ago.  remove the whole unit, dissasemple, and
> make some new cork gaskets from a sheet of cork gasket material.  Mine was
> leaking a little before I did that, and the rebuild gaskets did the trick.
> Russ
 The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span,
          those hours spent in sailing.
 http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Alberg30

ONElist members, don't miss out on the latest news at ONElist!
Join our community member news update