[alberg30] A-30 owners with diesals

Peter Hay phay at netcom.ca
Thu Aug 19 15:55:46 PDT 1999

From: "Peter Hay" <phay at netcom.ca>

John & Julie:
I have A30 KC384 also named Rubicon.  She was refitted in 1992 with a
Universal (Kubota) M4-30 25hp diesel.  Prop is 13 x 7.  Power is quite
adequate but I wouldn't go with less.  Handles 8-10 ft. swells nicely at
3000 rpm.  Make sure you have good access to your fuel tank.  My biggest
problem was a dirty fuel tank from lack of use by previous owner.  Multiple
filling and siphoning eventually solved problem but I am going to improve my
access to the tank and put a good inspection port in the top.

Peter Hay
phay at netcom.ca