[alberg30] re holding tank

Gordon White gewhite at crosslink.net
Tue Aug 31 12:13:00 PDT 1999

From: Gordon White <gewhite at crosslink.net>

The Alberg head is still pretty low with the raised base. It OUGHT to above the
water line for safety. I use a group-buy tank that fits under the port forward
bunk. Not a lot of capacity, but it is really for show anyway, isn't it?
    Sailed north of Vancouver BC this month and they have NO overboard discharge
rules there. Some are being considered for small enclosed harbors like that at
Gorge Harbor, but there is no law against pumpouts in the Straits of Georgia.
Interesting to me, considering Canadian rules elsewhere. Of course we sail on
the Chesapeake and try to be careful. I dump my stuff in a toilet ashore as
there are no pumpout stations within miles of me.
                                - Gordon White A-275

ONElist announces "FRIENDS & FAMILY!"
For details, including our weekly drawing, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html