[alberg30] alberg 25 ???

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Tue Aug 17 14:19:30 PDT 1999

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hi JF and Nadia,
Alberg designed ALOT of boats, I am always discovering new classes that he
designed, particularly in the 23- 28 foot range.
Is this boat exactly 25 feet?  There is the Kitiwake at 24' and some inches,
and the Greenwich 24, which is similar, and some South Coasts, and the list
goes on and on.  If she has the typical Alberg lines and characteristics, she
probably is an Alberg. You know the joke; that Alberg had his lines drawn on
a balloon, and he either inflated or deflated the balloon to make the new
design the commisioned length.
Of course, the joke is told affectionately here, because I love his hull
form, from the graceful transom stern, to the well proportioned bow.  The 30
has slightly finer lines than some of his other boats, which is what I like
about her.
Good luck,
Lee
Stargazer #255

Show your ONElist SPIRIT!
http://www.onelist.com/store/tshirts.html
With a new ONElist SHIRT available through our website.