[alberg30] ALBERG 30 DIVISION AT SWINEFEST REGATTA AND CRUISE-IN SATURDAY, JULY 8, 2000

John Birch Sunstone at idirect.com
Fri Dec 10 08:06:06 PST 1999

TO THE LIST:

THE SOCIAL MUST OF THE SEASON, it is the talk of Western Lake Ontario
and you're invited.

We have had an Alberg 30 Division at Swinefest for the past 3 years, its
Saturday July 8, 2000 and the fee is $20 (CDN) for the Race, dinner
(whole roasted pig), dance with a great band FREEDOM TRAIN, continental
breakfast on Saturday and breakfast served at your boat on the Sunday.

ALL for $20 per person, boat registry included.  Flags and prizes, SEE
the HMS VICTORY TROPHY for best overall in PHRF for the regatta.

There is also a Cruising Event for those who don't race.

We have averaged 5 A-30s in the past and would like to increase the
participation. THERE IS NO RATING REQUIRED AS THE A-30s RACE BOAT FOR
BOAT, WHITE SAIL, though that could be changed to spinnakers if it was
amenable to the other A-30s.

We have a great guy with an A-30 who brings his A-30 down from Lake Erie
for this race.

If your delivering down or in from a distance, we can probably help out
on a longer docking time window of a week for example. If you are a
Yacht Club member you likely won't be charged for any time you spend
past, on or before the weekend within reason, if you aren't a member of
a YC, the docking fee of $10 a day will apply, I'll try to get free
dockage on the weekend of the event for non YC members.

BSBC is located on the beautiful well forested North Shore of Hamilton
Harbour, at La Salle Park.

I can send individual requests a satellite photo of our facilities, but
it is reasonably big data wise so I won't send it out on the list. I
note you can't see our SAM, ABM and ICBM complex ; ) in the photo
(probably because Canada doesn't have any ; ) but the corn pots seem to
be there.

Seriously, I hope some of you can make it, it is a great event, now in
its fifth year and getting better each time.

The DEADLINE FOR ORDERING/GETTING TICKETS IS A WEEK BEFORE THE EVENT -
we do sell out.

If you know any A-37s, we'd love to host them too.

Thanks,

John Birch, Social Director and
Chair of SWINEFEST 2000
Burlington Sailing and Boating Club,