[alberg30] Documentation lettering

Michael Grosh mgrosh at shore.intercom.net
Fri Dec 10 08:13:24 PST 1999

Yeah, the lettering is supposed to be 4" and block print, with maximum contrast between the letters and the background. My boat (Checkmate) is not in compliance, and I have had no problems. I have two caveats 1. everything else on my boat is in compliance (including separate nav. lighting systems for sail/power). 2. I accept the risk that if the Coast guard wants to stop me, lettering is as good a reason as any. My experience with C. G.  boarding parties  ( in my other, professional, life) suggests they have bigger fish to fry than with lettering.

Michael