[alberg30] sail number

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Fri Dec 3 13:50:04 PST 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Dan, don't worry, it doesn't matter a whole lot.  My sail # doesn't match my
hull munber eithr.  In this area, and likely elsewhere, some sail numbers
were assighned by racing groups.  Some one might have already have been
useing  "your" number, so a different one was given.  The object being to
identify the boats racing, not careing what the hull number was.  It's just
for identy reasons.  On old sails, many were just sewn on.  Lately, they are
stickey, and sometimes sewed also.  Almost anything you use to remove the
adhestive can damage the sail.  Try,  very caefully, some dry cleaneing spot
remover, or maybe Goo Off.  If it is still sticky after you remove them, try
puting some baby powder on the sticky parts.  Unless the sail number ofends
you, why not leave it alone?  Russ