[alberg30] hard dodger for A30

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Sat Dec 4 14:11:52 PST 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

joe, I think you have too much time on your hands too. Is your teak all
perfect?  Hull spotless, Sails clean? Engine cleaned and painted?   I don't
have any pictures to send on line, but I can tell you that my dodger  is high
enough to just clear the boom, undersail, and it will not clear my head (5'
10") . I can just see over it.  Now, if you are shorter, and your boom is
higher because the sail is short on the luff, you may be able to make a hard
dodger.  It will most propably be in the way a lot of the time.  When I want
to get around easily, I drop mine onto the cabin top, and of course, it's
almost always there when racing.  Heavy rain has made me put it up twice.
Sounds like a lot of work.  Are you going to send out pictures
when you finish?
Russ