[alberg30] spinnaker pole setup

J.Sousa jsss at net1plus.com
Sun Feb 21 13:10:34 PST 1999

From: "J.Sousa" <jsss at net1plus.com>

Having recently purchased a spinnaker pole for Carina Vela, we have a
few questions concerning the rig setup.  The pole that we purchased has
double bridles.  On several boats, I have seen a downhaul setup using
the lower bridle.  Is this necessary on an A30? and if so, where is the
most convenient location to mount the blocks on deck?  Also, is it more
convenient to mount the pole directly on deck? on lifeline stanchions?
or on the mast?

Regards,

Chris Sousa
Carina Vela