[alberg30] Hatch cut out

Dick Filinich daf at mobiletel.com
Wed Feb 24 18:44:30 PST 1999

From: Dick Filinich <daf at mobiletel.com>

Hey Lee:I've got the cut out right next to my desk as I write this.Top
layer cockpit sole 1/8 "glass non skid,next layer 1/8 " masonite,thin
layer of glass about 1/32",1/8"masonite,1/8"woven or roven glass?Well
its just a hair over half inch,and don't see any signs of delamation.I
think that if Mr. Alberg thought for one minute that there was a weak
spot in his boat that he would have beefed it up.I tried to install a
new puck sytle transducer inhull next to the engine,I grinded a small
area of glass smooth,nothing,put the puck in the water again 8 ft.I
wonder how thick the hull actual is on this boat.I later found a bad
section of wire on my old through hull transducer,fixed it and now I've
got depth.Seriously,back to hatches I don't know if plastics were a big
part of marine vessels in 1966,but if Mr.Alberg would have had at his
disposal what is available today,do you think he would have put that
little 6" plate to keep sailors cursing ?Ha!Ha!

Smile its only a boat  Dick "High Spirits"#191 Galliano,La.