[alberg30] Re: Cockpit access panel- Bomar

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Mon Feb 22 07:30:48 PST 1999

From: "Gordon E. White" <gewhite at crosslink.net>

My Bomar hatch has been in place since before I bought the boat in 1991
and though it springs a little it has no more give now than it ever did.
I have trod heavily upon it, in fact fell on it once, without damage.
Bomar says it will withstand anything we are likely to throw at it short
of the mast breaking and plunging through it.

    I was going to make a teak grating to cover it, but gave it up as
not necessary.

    It sure makes for better access. I think we'd have sunk in '97 when
the exhaust manifold broke, without the access it gives.

                                                        - Gordon White
A-275