[alberg30] Re: Cockpit access panel-done it

Jack Vanderloo jvdloo at cyberus.ca
Mon Feb 22 12:55:22 PST 1999

From: Jack Vanderloo <jvdloo at cyberus.ca>

Ahoy Lee:
Would you happen to have the vertical (above the cockpit sole) dimensions of that
18 x 22" Bomar hatch.  Interested to see how much I'd have to raise my existing
cockpit grate to accommodate such a hatch.
As well, would you have the specific West Marine catalogue number for that
particular Bomar?
Can relate to your Volvo woes - let me guess, it's got to be an MD7A, based on
your description of (lack of) access to the water pump.  (If indeed an MD7A, make
sure you watch those two opposing oil/water seals along the impeller shaft.   I
watched them drip for 3 months before screwing up the courage to drape myself over
the engine - 2 head cover bolts into my chest - and under the removed electrical
panel, to rectify that problem.
Cheers
Jack Vanderloo
ALDABI