[alberg30] Re: More access panel info

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Tue Feb 23 08:51:45 PST 1999

From: "Gordon E. White" <gewhite at crosslink.net>

    I just went over to Deagle's Boat Yard and measured my Bomar hatch.
It sticks up 2 1/4" above the cockpit sole. More than I thought, but it
really has not bothered us at all. It is as far forward as it can go,
not in the middle, which undoubtedly helps. I had decided not to put a
grating over it, just up to it, but the wheel installation obviated even
that.

    Incidentally, I find that the plastic bottles motor oil come in now
make great holders for hand-held vhf's, GPS, etc. Cut the top off, clean
them out, scrub off the printing, and they can be screwed or clamped to
anything, then replaced when they get dirty, etc. I trimmed out the
front of one to clear the buttons on my Magellan GPS. If cut neatly they
don't look half-bad.

                            - Gordon White A-275