[alberg30] Re: More access panel info

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Thu Feb 25 07:45:09 PST 1999

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hi Tom,

Hamilton Marine is an amazing place.  I think it is bigger than Fawcets. I saw
the aluminum deck plates when I was there, and they are just what the doctor
ordered.  I went with the Bomar plastic one first, thinking I could always
upgrade to the the aluminum if the Bomar didn't prove satisfactory.  The
aluminum is definitely the more "Professional" way to go.  One caution,
though; if I remember correctly, some of the aluminum hatches were designed to
be welded in, so you may have to do some extra drilling or something to adapt
them to fiberglass installation.  Make sure you get the details on this.
Is Hamilton mailing you a catalogue? They have a great catalogue.
Good luck, Tom, and keep us posted,
Lee Trachtenberg
Stargazer, #255