[alberg30] Re: More access panel info

Tom Sutherland tomsu at uky.campuscw.net
Fri Feb 26 19:50:41 PST 1999

From: Tom Sutherland <tomsu at uky.campuscw.net>

Paul,
    My thoughts ...... I agree with Rolph who  suggested there can be easy access from
the port side locker to service the steering. As a matter of fact on my boat #412
there is a large enough  opening to remove the fuel tank ( about 12 gal. I believe) I
just assumed that it was an original situation until I learned other wise from the
group. I am going to take a closer look when I get back to the boat.

    Having said that , I will tell you that there is a variety of high quality cast
aluminum hatches shown in the Hamilton marine catalogue. Some of which are priced less
than $300.00.  round ones with cut outs of 6 3/8 , 8 1/2 , & 10 1/2. Also I am not
sure if Hamilton Marine carries the total line made by Bomar. The phone for Bomar is
603-826-5791 if you might like to go straight to the horses mouth. I do not think they
have an 800 number.

Tom S
A-30  #412