[alberg30] More access panel info

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Tue Feb 23 09:01:09 PST 1999

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Ahoy Jack,

  The Bomar Panel is on page 799 of the West catalogue, the 1998 edition.
Model 383937  Bomar # 81618-W $54.99   Hatch opening is 14x16.   Outside
flange dimensions 18 1/8 x 20 3/16.  But you know, I think Bomar makes a
slighly bigger one.  Go to West, and ask to see the Bomar catalogue.
  The height above the cockpit sole is minimal- maybe 1/4 to less than 1/2
inch.  Shouldn't be too hard to shim up your existing cockpit grating,
providing it's strong enough  to 'bridge' the hatch, and support someone's
weight.
  Our Volvo is an MD 11 C, but I think all the older volvo models are similar.
I have a friend who has a beautiful 27 foot Atkin schooner, hard chine, wood,
with an even earlier one cylinder volvo. He loves it. says it just runs and
runs.
  OK Jack, hope that helps!
  Lee Trachtenberg
  Stargazer #255