[alberg30] Re: Acadian

Bourque salmar at iSTAR.ca
Tue Jan 5 22:17:15 PST 1999

From: "Bourque" <salmar at iSTAR.ca>

The Acadian is a Paceship built in Mahone Bay.  I used to have a 24'
Westwind until I bought this 30'  2 years ago. What intrigues me is when I
look at the design, it is so similar to the Alberg that I'm wondering who
designed the Acadian, Mark II.  My wife and I went to Mahone Bay last summer
and there is a fellow who told us that an American company bought the Nova
Scotia company in 1972.  Would you have any idea who that might be?  Also, I
would love to see the plans if you can find them.

PS:  There are yawls in the Acadians but ours is a sloop. It has an Atomic 4
for an engine.

Talk to you later.