[alberg30] Re: Welcome to alberg30 at onelist.com

Matthew Wynn mattwynn at ns.sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 7 17:43:45 PST 1999

From: Matthew Wynn <mattwynn at ns.sympatico.ca>

For interest sake I did a quick comparison of the Alberg 30 and the
Acadian Mk II.

	Spec		Alberg			Acadian MkII

	LWL		21'8"				21'
	LOA		30'3"				30'
	Beam		8'9"				8'6"
	Draft		4'3"				4'4"
	Displ		9,000 lbs			7,000 lbs
	Ballast		3,300 lbs			3,400 lbs
	Sail Area
	Yawl		n/a				395 sq. ft.
	Sloop		410 sq. ft.			379 sq. ft.
	Power		Atomic 4			Atomic 4

	The biggest difference I remember is in the window arrangement. Instead
of two large windows in the main cabin I believe the Acadian has one
large window tapering as it goes forward.I owned a 20' Cruisette built
by Paceship in the same era. Other designs of the time were the
Northwind - 29', Westwind - 24', Eastwind - 25', Bluejacket - 23', and a
little later the Paceship 23 and PY23 - c.b. design. There was also a
Paceship 26. They also did a whole bunch of little boats as well. As you
can see they simply spread their product line too wide for such a small
market as Canada let alone Nova Scotia. The P23,PY23,and P26 molds ended
up in the New England States where they were built until the whole
market collapsed. I believe parts of the old Paceship plant in Mahone
Bay are now making plastic pipe and the like. The boat business
disappeared in the early to mid 70's. (my apologies for sounding like a
history lesson)
		Matthew Wynn
		Tazar #424