[alberg30] rig measurements

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at mail.min.net
Sat Jan 16 08:45:27 PST 1999

From: "George Dinwiddie" <gdinwiddie at mail.min.net>

I've made some measurements of my rig.  These measurements should be
treated as approximations.  It's not easy to get accurate
measurements single-handedly.  Also, these are based on boat #543,
one of the "new-style."  I generally tried to measure the wires from
pin to pin, including the turnbuckle, and to match the catenary of
the wire with the tape measure.  I may have made mistakes, however.

Mast extrusion  34' 11"
Boom            14' 10-3/4" (end to center of gooseneck pin)
Spreader        3' 1/2"
Upper shroud    35' 3"
Lower shroud    19' 5"
Backstay        40' 8"