[alberg30] Re: Boom Vangs

Marjorie Goettle mgoettle at erols.com
Wed Jan 20 14:40:07 PST 1999

From: Marjorie Goettle <mgoettle at erols.com>

In addition to the boom vang, we have mounted a preventer to the boom.
On each side, a line leads from the boom to a block attached to the base
of the stantion (sp?) alongside, and from there to the cockpit.  When
running, we cleat off the windward line to a cleat that we mounted on
the pedestal behind the primary winch.  To jibe, we can cast off the
line without leaving the cockpit.

Saw the idea in Cruising World many years ago.  It works well.

Marjorie Goettle
Jubilant #435