[alberg30] Re: Asbestos Substitute

Amy & David Swanson zira at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 31 08:13:07 PST 1999

From: Amy & David Swanson <zira at mindspring.com>

Greg -

I bought some fiberglass tape from an auto supply store for this purpose.  It was
heavier than what you would use to do fiberglassing, and designed as insulation.
They sold it by the foot.  I wrapped the pipe, then wrapped the tape with copper
wire to hold it in place.

I bought mine form Kittrell's Auto in Morehead City, NC.  If you get really
desperate, I can buy some & send it to you, but I believe it is pretty common.

dls