[alberg30] Starter Motor

Bill Newman bnewman at netcom.ca
Fri Jul 9 04:53:52 PDT 1999

From: Bill Newman <bnewman at netcom.ca>

Here is another possibility.  On a larger boat I used to own, with a
Perkins diesel, I had the starter rebuilt twice and it still would not
turn over the engine.  On the bench it worked perfectly.  The problem
was that there is a clutch in the starter that came forward and engaged
the flywheel but slipped and was not able to turn over the engine.  It
required replacement of the clutch.

Bill Newman
Marion Rose #233

Congratulations KNICKS at ONElist.com. Our latest ONElist of the week.
http://www.onelist.com
How is ONElist changing YOUR life?  Visit our homepage and let us know!