[alberg30] lifelines & sidestays

Tom Sutherland tomsu at uky.campuscw.net
Sun Jul 25 08:46:05 PDT 1999

From: Tom Sutherland <tomsu at uky.campuscw.net>

Dear List,

    I finally got my mast raised yesterday and this in turn raised a
question or two:

     First ... do most of you run your lifelines on the outside or
inside of the main sidestays ?  If mine are run outside of the two main
sidestays they must bend around around the sidestays thus always being
in contact with the sidestays ... this does appear where they have been
at one point because of the worn spot in the lifeline covers.

    Second ... about how much sag is normal for the roller furling
extrusion ( mine is Sea Furl by Hood) before I put too much stuff on the
backstay I thought I would get an idea from the list ... I have never
had a furling system before.

All for now ,

Tom S
# 412  InCahoots

PS ... She sits much better on her lines with the mast in place ... much
better !