[alberg30] lifelines & sidestays

Joyce Sousa jsss at net1plus.com
Sun Jul 25 14:46:09 PDT 1999

From: Joyce Sousa <jsss at net1plus.com>

Tom,

The lifelines should run on the outside of the shrouds (sidestays), with the
placement of the stantions the shouds actually provide support at that
area.  I currently use the tension gauge to adjust the tension on the Alberg
as I have with O'Day. This gauge provides me with an exact tension which
cannot be accomplished by feel. The roller should not have any sag at rest,
if this does occur you are going to find a greater sag under sail and not
have the ability to head close to the wind. Tom, if you need the exact
tension factors I can provide them the next time I am sailing Carina Vela.
Finally you will have a chance to sail her following all your efforts.

Regards,
Stephen  Sousa

http://www.onelist.com