[alberg30] Gas Tanks

JANET LEMBO jlsasha at erols.com
Thu Jul 1 17:21:46 PDT 1999

From: JANET LEMBO <jlsasha at erols.com>

Charles Haggart wrote:

> From: "Charles Haggart" <chaggart at sympatico.ca>
>
> Any suggestions on refitting a gas tank in the starboard locker? I pulled my
> last week, an aluminium refit that was at least 20 years old pitted and
> manky and leaking. Are there specs for the original one? I am currently
> using a jerry can ( less than ideal).
>
> Charles Haggart KC150

> Campaign 2000 is here!
> http://www.onelist.com
> Discuss your thoughts; get informed at ONElist.  See our homepage.

Charles, Our 30 had a plastic 12 gallon tank installed when we bought
it. It will fit in without taking out the engine. I have been looking
at  installing one also in the starbord locker, I measured and called
one company that makes them marine aluminum . You can design the tank so
it just fits through the opening and the gallons equal about 21.. If you
move both batteries to the port side the weight is about equaled. I
installed trojan batteries so they are a little heavier than normal.. I
will probably do this over the winter..Good luck  Joel

Check out this week's ONElist of the week.
http://www.onelist.com
How is ONElist changing YOUR life?  Visit our homepage and let us know!