[alberg30] Starter Motor - Alberg 30

Marjorie Goettle mgoettle at erols.com
Wed Jul 7 09:10:37 PDT 1999

From: Marjorie Goettle <mgoettle at erols.com>

Are you sure that the problem is in your starter or solenoid?  We had
identical symptoms starting last summer and getting worse this spring.
It was extremely intermittant.  It has not happened since we replaced
the main positive battery cable, which tested ok but was old.  The
marine electrician at Yankee Point that we finally described the
symptoms to after lots of troubleshooting on our own said, "Usually
those symptoms indicate somethng electricial".  We have a Yanmar.

Marjorie Goettle   Jubilant #435