[alberg30] Main Halyard Sheave

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Wed Jul 14 03:05:16 PDT 1999

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hi John,
Had the same problem with main halyard sheave on Stargazer, #255. After some
research, found that Tartan yachts in Ohio can fabricate what we need.  I had
a new halyard sheave made up of some hard as nails delrin product, and also
replaced the aluminum retaining plates and bolt and compression tube. Total
cost, including shipping, was just over 100 bucks.  Quotes from Annapolis
area riggers were three times that.
I am not at home now, so I don't have the exact adress and phone #, but if
you contact Tartan in ohio, and ask for the service dept on River Road, I
beleive, and ask for Joe, that should put you in touch with my source.
Incidentaly, I switched to a sta-set rope halyard to get rid of the wire.
Good Luck,
Lee
Stargazer #255, 1967

ONElist:  your connection to people who share your interests.