[alberg30] sails

JANET LEMBO jlsasha at erols.com
Tue Jun 22 18:35:47 PDT 1999

From: JANET LEMBO <jlsasha at erols.com>

Thanks for the information everyone gave me. We replaced the prop shaft
and cutless bearing, scraped and painted the bottom and back in the
water she (he) went. The prop is 13/7 and the best I could do is 1500
rpm at 5.5 knots. It will do..  Next thing to do is get some advice on
sail inventory. The main is in good shape. It had roller reefing but I
changed it to conventional with jiffy and lazy jacks.. I think I will
shorten the foot about eight inches at the outhaul because it's a little
low, head banger.. Also I have one jenny and one jib. Hanked on.. What
sizes are a good match for the A30.. Also I may change over to roller
furling. What is everyone using. Anyone using a asymmetrical spinnaker??
If so what size..Well thanks for all the help.. Gordon, I will get
together with you soon to check out the wheel steering. I checked my
shaft and it is keyed above the packing gland. If you would send me your
phone number again I won' lose it this time.. Thank all  (Janus #449)
Joel...

Books, music, videos, gifts, e-cards, auctions-find them at AMAZON.COM.
Browse Earth's Biggest Selection!  Enjoy everyday savings of up to 50%!