[alberg30] carburetor installation

David Swanson zira at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 8 17:33:49 PDT 1999

From: David Swanson <zira at mindspring.com>

Shawn -

I would second the motion not to replace.  "Rebuilding" is a strong word for what you actually do to the carb.
Basically, you take it apart, clean it, and put it back together.  I got my stuff from Moyer, and I have his
newsletter with instructions.  I did not even have to adjust the float, but this is simple & not too critical.  If
you have an old style carb, you have to adjust the main jet, and on both you have to adjust the idle mixture, but the
standard settings work ok, and adjusting is just turning the screw until the engine runs fastest.

The hardest part either way is re-connecting & adjusting the choke and throttle cables.  If you can do that, you can
do the rest.

If you want a paper copy of Moyer's instructions, e-mail me & I will forward it to you.

dls

Whether