[alberg30] Ice Box Drain Hose

Rick Leach RLeach at mbayaq.org
Mon Jun 14 08:24:14 PDT 1999

From: Rick Leach <RLeach at mbayaq.org>

One solution, though not without it's own difficulties, would be to make a
small sump tank with a float switch and pump, just like the "shower sumps"
that are on the market.  The discharge could be tied into the cockpit locker
hatch drain line which just spills into the cockpit near the drain, thereby
avoiding any new throughhulls or tie-ins with potential boat-sinking
fittings.  Sounds like a lot of effort to me, my bilge is never terribly dry
anyway, but if a skinned cat is what you want, that's one way to do it, but
I've been told that there is more than one way.

Rick Leach
Sugar Magnolia, #121