[alberg30] Ice Box Drain Hose

sunstone sunstone at idirect.com
Mon Jun 14 10:10:52 PDT 1999

From: sunstone <sunstone at idirect.com>

I stuck with the small diameter fitting/large diameter hose interface
concept and think it works fine if the materials used are relatively
inert - bronze would be ideal.

I had two of these fittings made-up at a custom machine shop in 304 SS
for $35 CDN total, the originals were plated steel, these should last
considerably longer in the fresh water of Lake Ontario.  The boat is a
1970 and these custom fittings held up for this long, I figure even when
I go to salt they will be fine for a few years.

My experience was the fitting was about 6 - 9" above the water line.

May I recommend putting a high water alarm connected to a piezo tweeter
directly wired to the battery as there is no current draw unless
activated, Radio Shack has a spiffy weather proof one with a steady tone
or beep option which is just perfect and about $14 CDN.

John Birch, Sunstone KC-65