[alberg30] Introduction and query

sunstone sunstone at idirect.com
Tue Jun 22 20:03:56 PDT 1999

From: sunstone <sunstone at idirect.com>

They are great boats - period.
Just check the usual items with a reputable surveyor, including mast
beam, chainplate bolts - put in larger ones if they are 1/4 inch, ensure
the decks are good but get a survey!!!!!
Fair winds,
John Birch

SandersM at aol.com wrote:

> From: SandersM at aol.com
>
> TO THE LIST:
>
> I am about to sign a contract to buy Hull 297 and join the legions of people
> owned by Alberg 30s.  That said, I confess that in 20 years of sailing I've
> never had the chance to sail one.
>
> I realize the folly of eliciting from a group of Alberg 30 slaves their
> opinions as to how their masters sail ... but I would nonetheless be grateful
> if someone -- anyone -- would take this opportunity to sing their praises, or
> to vent their frustrations, as to what I can expect when I take the tiller.
>
> Thank you all in advance for your paeans, brickbats, gratuitous advice, etc.,
> etc.
>
> Sanders McNew,
> New York City

> Books, music, videos, gifts, e-cards, auctions-find them at AMAZON.COM.
> Browse Earth's Biggest Selection!  Enjoy everyday savings of up to 50%!

Find people who care about what you care about.
http://www.onelist.com
At ONElist:  your connection to community.