[alberg30] Norseman Terminals

Peter Hay phay at netcom.ca
Tue Jun 29 17:27:18 PDT 1999

From: "Peter Hay" <phay at netcom.ca>

When putting up my rig this spring I noticed that the aft bronze turnbuckle
was stripped.  The threads came out as a perfect curlycue.  I replaced both
the fore and aft turnbuckles.  In the process I checked the Norseman
terminal on the aft stay.  It appeared OK but I am wondering if after many
years the wire should be shortened and the wire installed into the fitting
again.  Does anyone have any experience with Norseman?  They seem to be the
same as Sta Lok but do not appear to have the little circular concave piece
that Sta Lok fits on the end of the cone to lock the wire.  After seeing the
bronze stripped out I am somewhat paranoid about the strength of my rigging.

In the dark
Rubicon KC384
Peter Hay

Who is the most visited e-mail list community Web Service?
http://www.onelist.com
ONElist.com - where more than 20 million e-mails are exchanged each day!