[alberg30] Another new owner!

RichLem at aol.com RichLem at aol.com
Wed Jun 30 05:46:30 PDT 1999

From: RichLem at aol.com

In a message dated 6/30/1999 1:29:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
SandersM at AOL.COM writes:

<< We had one unpleasant surprise along the way -- we filled her bilges
several
 times with water, apparently from the stuffing box for the rudderpost.  Is
 this a common occurrence?  Any wisdom on the point that I should know? >>

OOPS  I hit the send button too soon.

We fixed the problem by repacking stuffing box this year.  The main problem
we had was getting to the stuffing box with the engine in place.
To make this easier, we added a 6" deck plate over the stuffing box.  Now the
can see and adj. the rudderpost stuffing box very quickly.

Rich Lemieux
Friendship  A-30  #295

Campaign 2000 is here!
http://www.onelist.com
Discuss your thoughts; get informed at ONElist.  See our homepage.