[alberg30] Another new owner!

sunstone sunstone at idirect.com
Wed Jun 30 06:07:20 PDT 1999

From: sunstone <sunstone at idirect.com>

Sanders, you can also cut an opening in the port or stb cockpit lockers
through the plywood near the aft end to gain access to the rudder post
if one was not already provided as Whitby did on some and didn't on
others.
It will save you cutting into the cockpit sole and the need to seal the
coring.  By the way at the rudder deck flange it is wise to remove it
and seal the coring, even at this late date, as this was not done at the
factory.
J B

RichLem at aol.com wrote:

> From: RichLem at aol.com
>
> In a message dated 6/30/1999 1:29:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> SandersM at AOL.COM writes:
>
> << We had one unpleasant surprise along the way -- we filled her bilges
> several
>  times with water, apparently from the stuffing box for the rudderpost.  Is
>  this a common occurrence?  Any wisdom on the point that I should know? >>

> ONElist:  where real people with real interests get connected.
> http://www.onelist.com
> Join a new list today!

Looking to expand your world?
http://www.onelist.com
ONElist has 180,000 e-mail communities from which to choose!