[alberg30] Finally got the boat in the water

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Sun Jun 13 10:04:44 PDT 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

John, the original boats had a drain tube to the bilge from the botton of the
box, and another hose to drain the ice compartment, that connected to the
cockpit drain hose.  That connection was taped into the side of the hose, (
at  about water level)   with a hole and a steel fitting .  I removed mine a
few years ago, and it was ready to let go, all rusty and nasty.  I can only
fear what would have happened. (a sinking boat)  I replaced the cockpit drain
with a new hose, and let the ice compartment drain into the bilge.  It only
takes a few seconds for my electric bilge pump to pump out the water,   If
you look from the underside, you may be able to see where the cut should be
made for the outside lid.  Then you will probably have to clean out the drain
trough,  (that should have a hose that ties the drain into the port locker
drain)  Rotsa ruck.    Russ