[alberg30] Props

Dick Filinich daf at mobiletel.com
Tue Mar 2 20:37:04 PST 1999

From: Dick Filinich <daf at mobiletel.com>

Anyone:Some time back I read some mail that was sent concerning three
bladed props.Now I don't recall who it was from and could use some input
form anyone who has converted to diesel and is turning a three bladed
wheel.Hauled out my boat today pulled the engine,scrubbed the hull and
bottom,and finished just before dark with fresh coat of anti foulant.Now
I can honestly say I've seen all of my boat.For a boat thats 33 years
old remarkable.Not a single blister,gouge in the hull,only small
cavities where the layers of anti foulant paint chipped off.Back to
engines let me know what you repowered with and size of prop you use.How
did it effect vessel under sail and power.Were you able to use same
shaft,or needed to cut old one or get new shaft.Please reply promptly
I've got a week to get this done,shipyard work slow,but wife working
Ha!Ha!.        Dick "High Spirits"#191 Galliano,La.