[alberg30] Re: SWLs

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Sun Mar 7 10:05:23 PST 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Pete,  If you replace the block for the boom topping lift with one size
larger, that sounds good.  Question on block load depends on the size of the
Genny you plan on trimming .  My biggest sail is a 170% so I have some fairly
good size snatch blocks on the track.  Of course the 170 is a light air sail,
and is not usually up in anything over 15K of air.  Farther forward on the
track are a couple of locally made alloy, ball bearing blocks, of a larger
size for the Mylar 140%, which is good from about 13K of air  up to about 25
K, after that it depends on the waves and such what combo of main sail reef
and perhaps working jib, ( smaller track, inboard) will be used.  Depends on
point of sail, also,  I think you can find safe working load information in
Chapman's   Hope that helps.  Russ