[alberg30] Mast Wiring

Forhan, Thomas Thomas.Forhan at mail.house.gov
Mon Mar 22 07:27:36 PST 1999

From: "Forhan, Thomas" <Thomas.Forhan at mail.house.gov>

Now I've done it. Spring has sprung.

Last night at West Marine I fell for a deal on an Autohelm ST30 wind
indicator system ($320!).  Raytheon -which owns Autohelm- is discontinuing
the line as it changes all the products to the Raytheon name. (For another
$220 I also got a matching ST30 speed/log/depth indicator, with two
transducers, which will replace the frozen corroded mechanical log and the
electro-mechanical (rotating pie-plate) genuine Fathometer (tm) )

To boot, I also have no anchor light at the masthead -nor evidence of wiring
for one.

So finally my question: can I fish lines down without dropping the mast?
Anyone already done this, and have advice or hints?

Thanks

Tom F.
Calliope, #287