[alberg30] Re: Atomic 4 wheels

David Swanson zira at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 5 17:13:02 PST 1999

From: David Swanson <zira at mindspring.com>

Rick -

I too am very interested in the CDI prop.  My 13X9 (?) will not let the engine
get above 1600 rpm.  This is too low, causes carbon build-up & extra wear on the
bearings per Don Moyer.  Moyer really likes the CDI.  The feedback from
rec.boats.cruising and alt.sailing.asa newsgroups is much more mixed.  I could
not find anyone with a boat similar to the A30 that had actually used one.  Most
of the people who buy one are Catalina 30 owners, or similar.  A LOT of them had
the blades shear off.  Some thought this was good (saved the
engine/shaft/strut), some thought it was evidence of structural weakness.

Does anyone have any first- or second-hand knowledge of how it works on an A30
or similar?

dls
Strayaway Child
Alberg 30 #229