[alberg30] Re: Gear Ratio

Jacques Guerette jguerett at nortelnetworks.com
Mon Mar 8 08:09:09 PST 1999

From: "Jacques Guerette" <jguerett at nortelnetworks.com>

Dick,
I'm still looking for the info I think I have about the Kubota engine.
Haven't found it yet, but I did find a reference to it in one of my books
(Upgrading the Cruising Sailboat).  According to this, the Kubota is a
Japanese engine marinized by Universal motors as a drop in replacement for
the Atomic 4.  Apparently, in a Practical Sailor survey of diesel engines,
the Kubota placed dead last for reliability and servicibility.  Sorry, there
was no mention of which issue of Practical Sailor this appeared in.

Jacques