[alberg30] Re: Hand Rails - Screws

Dan Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Thu Mar 25 07:36:14 PST 1999

From: Dan Sternglass <dans at stmktg.com>

Bill Newman wrote:

> From: Bill Newman <bnewman at netcom.ca>
>
> Has anyone had any success in removing and reinstalling the handrails on
> the coach roof and inside the main cabin...

Bill,

I removed and reinstalled them about 12 years ago when I installed a
fabric headliner. I drilled the plugs on the inside, I think they are
just regular screws, I vaguely recall that they were machine screws, but
I could be wrong about that. In any event, you could drill one plug on
the inside and you'd know. The teak "bungs" to re-plug the holes are
stock items from any catalog that sells teak boat parts. If you add
thickness like I did, you may need longer screws to reassemble it. Be
sure to goop the holes as well as the flat surface.

--Dan Sternglass
#201 Watcher of the Skies (1966), Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY