[alberg30] Re: holding tank configuration

Peter Hay phay at netcom.ca
Sun Mar 28 14:28:59 PST 1999

From: "Peter Hay" <phay at netcom.ca>

From:  phay at netcom.ca

I have done some investigating into composting toilets.  A marine specific
model
is available from Sunmar.  Although expensive it does away with the need for
holding tank.  It does require a vent and a 12V power supply because
essentially
it works by biodegrading the refuse via heat and a tumbling action supplied
by the
user on occasion.  Sunmar has a web site.  They sent me the specs for the
marine
version and I believe it will fit the A30 easily.

As you probably know these are used in cottages all over Canada and the U.S.
I understand the Danes use nothing but composting toilets in Europe.
Nonetheless I am not totally
convinced.  For now I will probably stick with my Junior 51 and 7 gallon
tank.

Does anyone know of anyone using a composting marine toilet?

Peter Hay
Rubicon #384