[alberg30] Re: holding tank configuration

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Sun Mar 28 20:37:55 PST 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Tim, when I bought my boat it had a flexable holding tank.  By the end of the
second year I was ready to change it, it stunk.  I guess after a while it just
asorbes so much, and you can smell it.  I put in a flexable tank myself,  (I
think it was a Navco, 14 1/2 gallons ) under the port, forward berth. That was
wher the origanal one was. The drawer had been removed, and the front cut off
and screwed in place.  the only practical acess is through the botton door.
Get first quality hoses, no matter what the cost. cheap ones will smell, and
and are not easy to live with.  You will need a pumpout fitting on deck, and a
vent, if yopu don't already have one.  Nothing complated, just nasty, and all
doable.    The capicity isn't much, I know, perhaps thats why the boat also
came with a small Whale pump, and hoses that would fit the pumpout fitting.
I've never used it, but I can see the ocasional need to do so..  Good luck.
Russ Pfeiffer   CA VA