[alberg30] Re: Expanded water tankage

Marjorie Goettle mgoettle at erols.com
Wed Mar 31 09:53:51 PST 1999

From: Marjorie Goettle <mgoettle at erols.com>

I would think twice about putting the additional weight of a water tank
(when filled) as far aft as a cockpit locker.  When we first loaded for
a long Bahamas cruise, we stashed 7, 5 and 6 lb, jerry jugs in the
lockers and lazerette.  Didn't leave them there long, -- left one in
each locker (extra diesel), and moved the water elsewhere -- 2 under the
v-berth and tied the others on deck -- as the stern really squatted when
we powered out of the marina.  In fact, it squatted so much that we
found that we had a stuffing box on the rudder post (another story!) We
have come to think that Albergs do not like weight in the stern.

Marjorie Goettle    Jubilant #435