[alberg30] Re: Expanded water tankage

Jacques Guerette jguerett at nortelnetworks.com
Wed Mar 31 06:24:33 PST 1999

From: "Jacques Guerette" <jguerett at nortelnetworks.com>

I've never done this but.......what about the huge volume of space at the
bow?  Seems to me you could install a small tank up there, overlay a wood
platform and store your anchor rode(s) above the tank.  This could solve
several problems: 1) no extra weight aft, 2) your waterline stripe at the
bow might actually line up with the waterline 3) if your rodes are
predominently rope, then the effects on stability by moving them "up" should
be minimal.4) The bow has sufficient potential buoyancy that the increased
tankage should also not affect stability.  The only downside I can think of
is that you might experience a little more pitching, depending on the size
of the tank.

This is all theory.  I'm just thinking aloud.

Jacques