[alberg30] Neat outhaul fitting

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Thu Mar 25 09:03:04 PST 1999

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hi Russ,
I understand why you cherish your outhaul fitting. Sounds very functional,
except for all the turns it takes to move the outhaul.  If it was bronze, I'd
say it was an old Merriman (Hallowed Be Thy Name) fitting that someone fit
themselves, but aluminum implies another era, so who knows how it got there.
It's good you sail in fresh water; here on the east coast that aluminum
fitting and its threads hidden in the boom would have degraded long ago!
My outhaul belays to the cleat on the end of the boom, I'm ashamed to admit.
Gonna do something ingenius with it one of these days!
Take care,
Lee Trachtenberg
Stargazer #255